Friday, March 26, 2021

"When Your Cup Runneth Over"

“When Your Cup Runneth Over” I am reading in the book of Job, Just finished chapter 8, and was ready to go on line and do some research. I found this sermon by Geoff Thomas titled “Bildad's Speech And Job's Answer.” It is a lengthy sermon, but will give much insight on the mysteries of Job's suffering. Geoff Thomas holds a Doctorate Degree, and is very interesting, and quite to the point. Because of his high education in bible theology he is easy to follow. But in a summary of my own, he is still a human interpreter, and a sympathizer to all who suffer seemingly without cause. Although he does say the innocent will suffer with the evil when evil is used to cause a death trap. He used 9-11 as an example. The evil pilots who flew the planes into the towers died with the innocent. I was not able to determine the fact from Doctor Geoff that God definitely spoke to Satan, and gave him control over Job, only to prove Job's faithfulness. The only thing God limited Satan to was he could not take Job's life. Am I missing something in Doctor Geoff's sermon? I am still as confused as ever as to why so terrible much sorrow, and suffering was put on a man who served God to the fullest. One point I did get from Doctor Geoff's sermon was that finally Job starting arguing his case before God. I am firmly against that however, if put to the test such as Job was, I might change that attitude. Also I am thinking along the lines of the New Testament where Jesus spoke these words, “whatsoever ye ask of God in My name that shall ye receive.” Of course those were meant for believers of God. And we do know when God sent His Son to earth to suffer, and die for our sins, Job's suffering was no comparison to Jesus' sufferings. The one who never sinned even once. A God Himself, yet He became flesh and cried out to God, “Father why hath thou forsaken me?” This cruel event was why we now have a New Covenant with God called “The New Testament.” But I still declare we have to read, and take seriously the Old Testament. I understand that the Jews never accepted the the New Covenant, and sill believe only in the Old Covenant. They are still looking for their Messiah. We can keep searching for answers, but until that day we will never know all the answers. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment