Monday, March 29, 2021

"God Needs Our Signature"

“God Needs Our Signature” I am so humbled to be a citizen of God's Spiritual Kingdom. Psalms 24. Today I am thinking of some of the many times God has used me to bless others when I was not aware of it till some time later. How often we keep ourselves locked up in our own little hide-a-way, instead of being the helper God meant us to be. There are times God uses us when we have no idea He has led us to the place we have been invited to come. I can identify with that more than once or twice. Maybe I didn't really feel like taking the invite seriously, and almost didn't go, but pushed myself into going anyway. Maybe not always, but certainly there are times when God definitely used us to complete a task He had started. It could have been one or two words we spoke, or maybe just our presence, but it was the signature of us that someone needed to get the promotion. If we are a citizen in God's spiritual kingdom, do we dare not fill a duty expected of us? I have to fear for the many times I may not have accepted an invitation that God had made available to me. But I will always be grateful for the times I did accept, and I share glorious blessings daily because of it. Jesus was criticized for eating with sinners, and healing on the Sabbath, etc, but He was doing the job He was sent to earth to do. I am most guilty of not accepting a job offer in my church, or even in the community. I can come up with so many excuses, but I do also believe sometimes we are asked to do jobs that does not fit our spiritual obligations, or maybe our physical condition. I only pray that I will stay humble to God's calling, and be a vessel that He can use anyway He chooses. It is after we have filled our duties in the church that God will use us in other situations where He needs a signature from us. May I never fail that need, whatever it may be. It's the joy in our hearts, and not the joy of boasting that makes life so wonderful. When this is a fact, our countenance will always show it. What then? Might I say that God is right when He says beauty comes from the heart? Let us follow the will of God the rest of our lives. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment