Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Love Beyond imagination"

“ Love Beyond Imagination” Recently there has been a controversial, or debatable issue, appear on face book declaring that the apostle Paul's martyr's would welcome him into heaven. I will admit this comment sit me to thinking. For those who know the story about the apostle Paul, or those who don't, Paul was a hater of Jesus. He was an authoritarian in the Jewish faith. He ordered the death of many Jews who had chosen to follow Jesus. Paul, whose name was Saul, before his conversion, went to the high Priest to ask for letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any Jesus followers , whether they be men or women, he would bring them bound unto Jerusalem. As Saul was on his way to Damascus suddenly a bright light from heaven shined upon him. He fell to the earth and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? Then Saul said who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. (this part I do not get,) Saul trembling and astonished said, Lord what wilt thou have me to do? The Lord said to Saul, arise and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what to do. The men who journeyed with Saul were speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. Saul arose, but when his eyes were opened he saw no man: but they led him by the hand and brought him to Damascus. Saul was three days without sight, neither did he eat nor drink. Now there was a certain disciple in Damascus named Ananias, and the Lord said to him in a vision, Ananias, And he said, Behold, I am here Lord. The Lord told Ananias where to go, and what to do. The Lord told Ananias a certain man named Saul of Tarsus was praying, and has seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him that he might receive his sight. Ananias answered the Lord saying, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem: And here he has authority from the chief priest to bind all that call on thy name. And the Lord said, go thy way for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel. I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. Ananias entered the house where Saul was, put his hands on him and said. Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee, has sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. And immediately there fell from Saul's eyes as it had been scales: and he received his sight and went to be baptized. Saul's name was changed to Paul, and according to what the Lord told Ananias Paul suffered all through out the rest of his life for the sake of Jesus. Yes, I would agree that Paul's martyrs did welcome him into heaven. My bible reference was taken from Acts, chapter 9. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment