Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Jesus Calls Us His Friends

“Jesus Calls Us His Friends” Have you ever wondered why you take so much time to talk about Jesus when people seem to not be interested? I was told by John today while reading the 15 th chapter of his book why we as friends, not servants, of Jesus are to work for Him. John 15, verse 15-19. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his Lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made know unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world , therefore the world hateth you. Jesus spoke these words to John. But before Jesus spoke these words to John He had said earlier in c.1, v. 1-2. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman, Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. By faith I must believe I am bearing fruit, least I be purged, which I think is hurting me because I am not bearing fruit. Then I reread that verse, and it says He purgeth so we may bring forth more fruit. At any way you look at it friends of Jesus must bring forth fruit or they are not His friends. If we are not good branches He taketh them away. I never want to be cut from the True Vine, therefore I must keep talking about Jesus. I may not always know if I am bearing fruit, but by faith I will keep trying. Someday we will know just how much we accomplished for Jesus. Until then I will wait, and live by faith, and not by sight. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment