Wednesday, July 28, 2021

"Perryton Pride Is Still Booming"

“Perryton Pride Is Still Booming” Here is my Happy notes for today. Two of my dear friends didn't tell me they were not going to be at the Senior luncheon today, and I made sure I made it today because they had told me the next time I missed they were coming to my house to see why. This was not a last minute decision for them because they had to have made plans months ago to go see Gene Watson's show. I'm sure they had mentioned it to me some time ago, but they know my memory is not that good anymore. That's alright I had fun without them. I just can't believe they would put Gene Watson ahead of us funny, dummies. They would drive half way around the world to hear that guy sing, when they can hear our song by driving a few minutes. God bless them, and give them a safe trip back home. We had a good meal, and a good group of winners there today. I never saw one frownie face there. Our proud subject today was topped by a Perryton ex-student winning his State Representative seat in his district of residence now. He was born and raised in Perryton, Texas, and flew one of the eight bombers over Operation Desert Storm in Iraq on January 16, 1991. Later he was given permission to fly that bomber at a low distance from the ground over Perryton. Those whom had not heard of the event fixing to happen got the heck scared out of them. I ran out of my house to see all my neighbors standing in their yards. I won't mention his name because I may not have all the facts just right. Congratulations, Jake, and we know you will do Texas a great job. I just have to let you know how cheap groceries are anymore. I bought a small watermelon today, and paid $7.00 for it. That means I paid $4.00 for having it cut, and placed in a plastic bowl. I wouldn't do it any other way. At least I can see what I'm getting. It was delicious, and I'll probably do it again. Labor is what's going up. Too bad I can't work anymore. I look for other bargains to off-set the high cost of fool proof foods. Nothing like a thrifty shopper. Those poor managers in our government are pouring it onto us innocent customers, so we have to show them up. We don't have to vote them back in. After all the buck stops at the top of our elected officials. It's time to get rid of all RINO's. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment