Thursday, July 15, 2021

"I'm Thinking Heaven Today"

“I'm Thinking Heaven Today” A very strange thing happened to me today. While I was resting between jobs at Chuck's house today a memory flashed through my mind that almost made me think I was getting called by a long ago friend whom I played with as a little eight year old girl. At that age I spent a lot of time at my grandparent's house in the country. Down the road from them about a quarter of a mile lived a family who had only one child. She was about a year or two younger than I. Her mother forced her to take piano lessons which she hated. She was very lonely most of the time. She wanted me to come to her house every day and play. Her mother was very strict with her, and made her practice the piano an awful lot. Finally her mother told her if she would practice for an hour each day she could ask me down to play. That became a habit so we spent a lot of time together. I am 88 years old now so that had to be 80 years ago. My grandparents moved into town so I never saw Joyce as I recall ever after that. Very few times have I ever though of her since. Today was a day that I couldn't get her off my mind. I couldn't even think of her last name. So I began desperately to try and think of it. I had a though of searching for her on the internet, but no name, not even her mom or dad's first name came to mind. Somehow I thought the last name might have started with a W. Every name I could think of starting with a W didn't fit in my memory at all. Then I thought maybe her dad's first name was Aaron. That did it. Joyce's last name was Aaron, I think now her Dad's first name was Walter. What a mystery this is to me. I did not intend to spend any time trying to think of their names, because I had not thought of them in many years. I said to myself it's crazy to try to remember such a trivial thing as that. That is when it hit me like a rock. For this reason I will be going on the search engine for finding lost family or friends, and see what I can come up with. If anything unusual comes from it I will post it on my blog. But seriously I am terrified as to why such an incident as this happened to me today. Sometimes I have trouble thinking of my best friends name when I am telling something that happened to us. I feel a little like “what is happening to me.” Thank God for letting us think of just what He wants us to think. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment