Thursday, July 8, 2021

"David's Own Words I Am The Chiefest Of All Sinners"

“David's Own Words I Am The Chiefest Of All Sinners” It is believed that King David wrote the 118 chapter of Psalms. Verse 17, I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. Verse 18, The Lord has chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over to death. How many of you wonder why you are still living when seemingly your Godly work is over? You have grown to be old, and for the most part are useless to the Lord. Because of the time I wholly gave my life to be taken by God, the trade being made for my salvation, I cannot ever say my work is over for God. I may be old, and body ridden, but the fact that I'm still here makes me know God is not through with me yet. After I was told by the Holy Spirit I had been saved from all my sins, I simply asked, “then why am I still here Lord?” He said to me through his Word, “I am not through with you yet. You will have many more battles to go through before I am through with you.” From this personal experience with God, I believe I understand David's exhortation in Gods Word. “I shall not die, but live.” Yes, I am going through battles daily I call it, but David called it chastisement. I may not have committed the worse kind of sin like David did, but I was a no-good sinner. I do not feel like I'm being chastised like David felt when I'm going through a battle, but it is easier for me to endure because God told me in my early years I would have to endure hard times. I am truly ready to live as long as God can use me in some way. And I am happy most of the time. God just seems to put a praise in my heart even when things are tough. There is an old saying I like “if life gives you lemons, make a pit.” It has taken me two years to gain back my pleasureful life. The Corona virus had a Hugh impact on my life. I am sure it is a fulfillment of Bible Prophesy which is a very bad time for all to endure. I cannot change that belief because it is so positive of a warning from God's Word. And it gets worse as time goes by. But I have accepted the will of the Father, and will take things as they come, day, by day. I have become stronger in spite of the evil I see happening every day. I keep reminding myself of the wise old saying, “only one life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last.” I hope I have a few more days to do more for Christ. When the roll is called up yonder, by the grace of God, I will be there. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment