Saturday, July 17, 2021

"Blessed Are Those Who Endure To The End"

“Blessed Are Those Who Endure To The End” What an accomplishment I made today. I started a painting of the beautiful Amsterdam on a 36+36 “ canvas, and painted for three hours without a break. I painted two hours yesterday on another painting that I've been working on for over a year, mostly not working on. As for now this artist is in full swing again. My imagination along with my snap shots are doing great things for me. If I've never seen a place with my own eyes before, then I make it fit my great desire to go see it. It's nice to have these far-away, beautiful places beckoning you from your own walls. However, this painting is so large it would almost blind you when you first see it because the distance is too close to feel the volume of it's entirety. Just the same I am having fun enticing people to get up out of their recliners, and pack up to go on a far-away journey. This painting is not for me, because the next long journey I go on will be a one-way ticket to Heaven. However, I can dream. We are still in a stormy time of survival, but I am sure now whatever the weather, I will be in safe hands. Like the Apostle Paul said, “I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.” I am seeing some of my dearest family and friends losing their battle to good health, but I am also seeing some of the strongest fighters ever to live on this earth. How they make my heart rejoice. Tomorrow I will start a new week. I trust it will be as prosperous as this past week. It starts off with church, then three days of dining, and pining with friends. We all share the same desire to join our loved ones who have left us for a better place. But there is strength in joining with those who are grieving, because we understand the sadness that others bear in getting through the long days. I spend two days each week with my disabled son trying to cheer him on. He mostly cheers me on, but at least we have each other to recall past, precious memories with. He is the only family member I live within 275 mile from. To me he is still that little boy, my first born, who was an impossible child to understand. He has had a hard time in life trying to understand himself. But he is a very knowledgeable person on most everything going on in the world. All it takes to satisfy him is a few seeds to plant and watch them grow to maturity. He is a lover of flowers, and works constantly trying to make them more beautiful than ordinary. He does an amazing job of it. The rest of my week is spent writing a blog, cooking, taking care of business for both my son, and I, now will be painting as much as possible. My day dreaming has ceased a lot. Thank God. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment