Friday, August 27, 2021

"I Need To Sing A Song"

“I Need To Sing A song” I stayed home from the Center today, and worked around here. Trying to get ready for a lot of company in a few days when Rick will be brought here for burial. I did make a quick trip to Liberal to get something for Chuck. I have had a few grief attacks today, but it is getting better. However, it seems like I can't take a breath without recalling a sweet memory about son, Rick. It's almost like he is still living here although, he has been gone from this house since he graduated from high school except for visits, and the one year he stayed with me after I lost his dad, and my husband. During that time we were both a comforter to each other. That's been five years ago, but we talked on the phone almost every week. His two daughters lived in Houston, and he went back there to be close to them since he had come down with health problems. Also the doctors he was going to here was in Amarillo which was 250 miles round trip. Yes, these last five years have taken a toll on me with now being the worst part of all of it. I do not know what tomorrow holds for me, but I know who holds tomorrow. I did talk with an old friend this morning for about an hour. She lives in Oklahoma City. Her, and my children were raised up in the same church, and she had lost her husband about the time I lost mine. A couple of years ago she lost a son in an automobile accident, so we are both sharing the same kind of grief. It was a great comfort. Thank God for friends who never leave you. Her children are as close to her as mine are to me. We both have that same joy to share also. Oh! How I wish the churches were the same today as they were back then. God is the same so we only have to worry about keeping ourselves the same. I feel positive about bouncing back after we have put my son next to his father. Until then, and I don't know how long, because of the Covid they tell us, but the sooner the better. There was a process that had to be fulfilled since his body was found by a son-in-law, that the state requires, We are not sure how long he had been lying there face down on the floor. The son-in-law had gone to get him for a doctor's appointment when he found him. Why it had to happen that way I don't know, but I trust God it was His way. Thank you everyone for being patient with me. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment