Saturday, August 21, 2021

"Mourning Is A Gift Of God"

“Mourning Is A Gift Of God” My thoughts today are focused on people less fortunate than myself. The Afghanistan crisis is a positive sign that Bible prophesy is being fulfilled, and what else can we make of it but to say we all are victims of perilous times. The entire world belongs to God, the Creator, and only He is in control. At His command will everything happen whether good, or bad. Every liar, and deceiver, and those who were so naive as to believe them will suffer more than what they've made the Christians suffer. King Solomon said in Proverbs chapter 7, verse 1. A good reputation is better than expensive perfume, and the day you die is better than the day you were born. How does our reputation register with God? Does it compare with expensive perfume? I wish I could say yes, but I fear it might compare more to body odor from a dirty body. I don't know what God thinks about my reputation, but I do know He answers my prayers every day. Not that I can boast about, but what I can praise Him about. It is in this frame of mind that I can live on from day to day, long after most of my older family members lived. Some of whom I thought was almost perfect. I don't know what that means, but I am pleased with it. As long as I can be active, and help spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ I am being blessed. I have faith to believe God will not put me through unnecessary suffering. However, if I should have a lingered death bed, I will say it was necessary for some unknown reason. Both of my parents had a quick death bed, and I am so thankful for that, Neither of them ever entered a nursing home, or became dependent upon anyone. My grandparents on my mother's side were just as independent. A quick death may not always be pleasant, but little pain is always a blessing. I hear, and know without a doubt that many Christians in Afghanistan as well as other places are suffering terribly, and we will never understand why, but we can continue to pray for them which I believe helps a lot. Some may wonder why I'm focusing on death. Well here is one reason. I believe some people live like they think they will live forever. I try to gain wisdom from such wise men like King Solomon. This wise King told us in Proverbs chapter 7, verse 4. Someone who is always thinking about happiness is a fool. A wise person thinks about death. I think if more people would think more about being judged for their sins, they would commit a lot less of them. It's nice to have been taught this as a child growing up. I didn't grow up in the dark. I am one thankful sinner saved by grace. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment