Friday, August 6, 2021

"How Much Farther Do We Lack"

“How Much Farther Do We Lack” What a good week I have had. One more day, and I can say I have had a blessed day every day. I have missed writing my blogs for the last three days, but that was because my mind had been working on some more important things. I have learned to be more flexible with my time. My schedule is no longer in effect. It's from now on if I can I will, if I can't don't worry. This change of attitude possible happened because of an answer to pray, which I didn't know I was asking for. When we say, “Lord It's all in your hands I will not worry about it, He will take us at our word.” Nothing can be more rewarding than that if we will keep our promise to God. The highlight of this day has been lunch at the Center with friends. If I do nothing else the rest of the day, I can take pleasure in feeling the encouragement these friends give me. They answer a lot of questions for me without my even asking. Is this not a blessing from God? Then our eyes let us know some things that words would never have told us. It's just always good to be with good people who believe in God. The happiest I can be is when I see someone walk in who looks 100 percent better than they looked last week. It always renews my faith. Then I must go to a place that is much less encouraging because God has lots of unfinished business, and needs our help. Sorry if you disagree with me on that, but that is a big positive for me. As I read the book of Proverbs, which I call the book of wisdom and knowledge, I am learning something new every day. I can't recall how many times I have read this book, but it almost seems like I'm reading it for the first time. I've never found it to be this alarming before. So many people have a way of trying to explain this “straight forward” book, but I take it word for word for what it says. Of course the sacrifice Jesus made with his life does help to claim victory over sin, but I do not feel like it voids the book of Proverbs. There has to be a reason it still remains in God's Word. Neither do I believe we can pick, and choose what we want to believe. I will say not everything we think it means is to be explained any other way, but I fear some are mocking the reality of God's wisdom. The word says no one is perfect, but we all should strive to be perfect. Just to remember that the love of God is the most perfect thing we can strive for. If we love God we love everyone. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment