Friday, August 20, 2021

"What I Really Think"

“What I Really Think” I got an impression today of what I believe will soon be the norm in my small town. We have always had a quite, low rate, crime record in Perryton, Texas. That's because our law enforcement is so strict with keeping order, and even the Cities code of ethics. I personally cannot remember ever seeing a beggar in this city, or even on the outskirts. Today when I came out of the Dollar General Store I saw a guy running across the parking lot trying to catch me before I got to my car. This guy was the freakish person I had ever seen in person. He was wearing only a pair of shorts, no shirt or shoes. His body was a solid tattoo. His entire chest was covered with black tattoos. Also his face, arms, and legs. It was 93 degree, and this guy was barefooted on the blacktop parking lot. He caught me before I got to my car, and asked me for a dollar. I have never given money to beggars before when I would see them in other cities. But since things have gotten so evil all over the world, I have taken a closer look at my Christian life. I did not want to lie to the freak, and tell him I didn't have any money, and besides from what I'm hearing on the news every day people are getting shot at the least little things. I did say let me see if I have a dollar. I gave him one dollar, and he walked away. Now someone asked me if I called the police. But this guy stood out like something from outer space. The parking lot at Dollar General was almost empty, and no way could a policeman have missed seeing him. I did not call them, because I felt too confused to get more involved. I am reading the book of Proverbs, and I'm now to the seventh chapter. I have been shaken by the most impressed meaning of those six chapters. The highlight has got to be about giving to the poor. I refuse to judge that pitiful looking soul after so many years I have judged just such souls. What has happened to me? Am I one of those who have been chosen to stand the test of my Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ? Will I even deny Him like Peter did after the pressure was put on Peter? I feel so positive that our little city of Perryton will become one of the same evil cities like so many others. The huge, modern, 15 million dollar jail building will probably never be needed, because our justice system is fading fast. I cannot ignore what I'm seeing every day in this sin-sick world. All I can say is I am trusting in my God, and whatever happens, I will surly be strong enough to endure. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment