Thursday, June 17, 2021

"Today's Food Talk"

“Today's Food Talk” I just have to brag on Chuck's good neighbor again. She brought him over three small, individual loaves of Russian, home-made bread today. It was so good till I ate a half of loaf by myself with real butter. Nothing else. She is such a good cook,. and loves to share with others. She does these nice things for us many times. She is one of a kind, but the world needs many more just like her. Thank you Mary. Chuck, and I try to repay her with little gifts, but I'm looking for something special just for her. Chuck gave her a pink orchid once, and she loved that. I think it is still blooming. She has such creative talent, till I have to envy her. It got to 99 degree today in Perryton, and we had to keep watering the garden stuff to keep them from dying. We would run out every little while to see if anything had grown any more. Also the beans are coming up, but not all at once. I can still count the ones that have come through the ground. Sure helps not to be so bored. We have one little green tomato, and it's so exciting to see it grow. This garden thing is our entertainment instead of our workhouse. Chuck has 6 inch zinnia plants that he is fixing to set out soon. He says they are a very special species. They are suppose to get very large, and extra beautiful. He has got me anxious to see just what he has come up with. I have not done anything since I've come home from Chuck's house except eat a piece of pecan pie and drank a cup of coffee. Tomorrow I will have to do a lot to catch up. There is no way I'm going to work any more today. My bones are aching, and I need to recline the rest of the day. Thank You Lord for such a life of leisure. However, it was a long time in coming. I am set to relax for the rest of the week. This is Thursday, and I don't have to go back to Chuck's till next Tuesday. Looking forward to church Sunday, This is my bestist day of the week. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment