Sunday, June 20, 2021

"Remembering My Own Father"

“Remembering My Own Father” I am late getting this blog posted today, but a friend brought me over some delicious watermelon, and stayed and visited awhile. It's nice to have company when you aren't expecting it because it seldom ever happens. We had a lot to catch up on, and I enjoyed it so much. We are both widows, and since this is Father's Day we are both missing our husbands more than usual. I did go to church this morning, and listened to a very nice Father's Day message from our Pastor. Several fathers were present, so I know they felt blessed this morning to be a father. I think about my own father so much any more. He was one of the best, and I am proud to have been his daughter. My childhood life was more than being a spoiled child. I was taught from the bible as far back as I can remember. In our home everything revolved around God. I never had any trouble minding my dad, even though I might not of always agreed with him. I'm sure I kept a few secrets from him, but not too many. I can truly say I am proud of the way I was raised. I don't believe no one has ever missed their family more than I have. God has never failed to cheer me up when I am at my lowers time of mourning. This is one of the best lessons my dad taught me. I still know that everything I do is being recorded in “The Lambs Book of Life.” I always try to convince myself that all things are part of my Christian life. I believe that everything I do is done with good intentions. Many people won't agree with me on that, but when one lives a daily life of talking with God about their deeds, I have to believe God hears, and guides their every decision. We don't always understand, but by faith we trust our actions. The most important thing we can do is keep our spirits high. God does not want us being sad so much. Like our earthly fathers He wants us to be happy. I know when it's time to have a change of attitude about my daily life. I never want to get into a rut that is doing nothing but sinking me lower every time I try to get out. I will apply my favorite quote to this fact. “ An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.” Don't let it happen in the first place. It doesn't matter who disagrees with me, I am the one who matters in this situation. “The Lord is the joy of my salvation.” God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment