Monday, June 14, 2021

"I Will Guide Thee With Mine Eyes"

“I Will Guide Thee With Mine Eyes” The cloud gets heavier, and darker every day. I don't expect it to ever lift from my path as long as I live. I do expect God to follow me under that cloud, and give me strength, and faith to trust Him all the way to my eternal home. Tomorrow I will be making a decision on a very important matter to me in the form of surgery. If I choose to have it it may give me many more years of life if I have no trouble recovering. If something goes wrong, I could die quicker than if I chose not to have it. For a younger person this minor surgery would amount to nothing, but an older person like myself with past major surgeries, it could be very risky. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss the pro's and con's of this simple procedure. I have ask God for a scripture to help me decide. This is what He gave. Psalms 32:8. “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eyes.” I no longer need to dread this trip. I just need to go and find out what I should do according to my Heavenly Father. I do not believe I will know tomorrow with whatever decision I make if I will live longer, or die quicker, but I am sure of one thing I will be guided by my Lords own eyes. What more can we ask for? It has been twenty one years since I had open heart surgery, and I have been a workaholic every since. Only recently five hours after getting my second covid shot have I had any kind of health issues. I had a stint placed to my heart, but have had some trouble every since. Now I am told I need to have the blood vessels in my neck cleaned out. There is a 75 percent blockage which I'm told could lead to a stroke. I have not met with the doctor who would be doing the procedure yet, but my cardiologist made it clear that it would be up to me, but he would recommend it. Tomorrow will be the day for that big decision. Everyone faces a time in life that troubling decision have to be made, that is unless the Lord decides to make that decision Himself. When I had open heart surgery I made sure I had everything in order, My husband and I made a will, checked out burial spots, and a few other things. The Lord had given me the two words He wanted me to stand on. “ Trust Me, Trust Me.” I did just that, and when they wheeled me into the surgery room to prepare me my youngest son was with me. I don't know why, but for some reason every thing I said made my son laugh out loud. Finally a nurse came in to check on us. I said, are we making too much noise, He said no, go ahead and make all the noise you want. I was 21 years younger then than I am now. I never knew when I was taken in for the surgery. Sometime later a nurse was saying to me, wake up, wake up Mrs Sharp, it's all over. I said oh it can't be I haven't even counted to 10 yet. The recovery was short, and I never slacked off doing anything I wanted to do until now. I only went to see my doctor once a year for a check up. Never had to get another prescription for anything else. Just the blood pressure pill, and a cholesterol. I will let you know the decision I made when I write another blog. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment