Tuesday, June 15, 2021

"Tie Me Up Before I Fly Away"

“Tie Me Up Before I Fly Away” It's over friends, and family members. The decision has been made, but I didn't make it. It had already been made when I walked into the doctor's office. At first the nurse took my blood pressure, but had no luck doing so. The sphygmomanometer would not register, Another try measured the instrument reading 213/95. After a few minutes she tried again, but still no figures would appear on the screen. She just shook her head and left the room. I had taken my little blood pressure instrument so I used it, but got the same results. While I waited for the doctor to come in I was thinking that I would be admitted again to the hospital. No such thing. The doctor asked me how I was feeling. I said I was feeling fine until the nurse couldn't get a measurement of my blood pressure. He just smiled at me, and ignored my concern. Within five minutes I was told that I had a little blockage on both arteries in my neck, but not enough to worry about now. He listened to my heart, and lungs then said fine, I'm not doing anything at this time, but I want you to come back in four months and I will take another look at the neck blockage. I immediately felt my blood pressure go down. When I got home I took my blood pressure, and it read 137/65. I am ditching all my boyfriends but Dr. Langly. He looks to be about the age of my grandsons, but wiser than Methuselah. I had never met Dr. Langly, and I worried about what he may be like. I fell in love with him immediately. I had thought that the doctor would, without question, take my Cardiologist recommendation and schedule a date today for the procedure if I agreed. Not so. He looked at all my records, and made that decision without even asking me. But who directed the doctor to do that? Almighty God. There is not one doubt in my mind. Now I'm ready to get back in Chuck's garden tomorrow and plant some more green beans. If they don't hog-tie me Sunday I might dance a little jig at church. I do want to thank everyone who were praying for me to make the right decision. Those prayers were answered today. Say amen with me. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment