Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Freezing Valentine Day

It is 4 o'clock in Perryton, Texas and has warmed up to 3 degrees. About 3 inches of snow is still on the ground. I have not been out of the house all day. I see where it is suppose to stay cold all week. Sure hoping this will be our last cold spell before Spring. We were suppose to have had our Valentine party at church today, but that didn't happen. No church, no party. Today is Valentines Day, and i have enjoyed staying home, and watching T. V. All four of my children called to check on me, and that was a good Valentine sign of love from them. I did some cleaning out of my kitchen cabinets, which made me pretty tired. This old work horse is not the same anymore. However, it hasn't changed my perfectionist attitude to make sure it is spotless. There has been a lot of interesting news on T.V. today. It feels like the fighting (peacefully), Republicans are making great progress in winning back our country for the second time in four years. Never, never under estimate the power of God. He has always done what He said he would do. He said, "the battle is mine, trust Me." How wonderful it is to know that we are children of the Almighty King. He gives us perfect peace, and rest, when we tell Him we need it. My dad used to say to us children. "Now kids when we get this cotten picked we will go into town and do some shopping. That promise made us want to work faster, and not complain. I now hear my Heavenly Father say, " Your labor is not in vain. Your reward is greater than than burdens." We are stronger than the weak who try to dismantel our faith by telling us we are nuts. It doesn't even faze us. We have been given the gift of discernment, and nothing can take that gift away. Happy Valentine to all, and God Bless. Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment