Sunday, February 7, 2021

A change in weather today didn't stop me from going to church. I woke up to find the ground covered with frost that looked like snow. All the trees were solid ice.The temperature was 25, but seemed much colder. I thought to myself, there won't be anyone at church, why don't you stay home today. No I answered myself back, I will go even if I am the only one there. To my surprise the attendence was about normal. We had a good service, and I was blessed. The rest of the day has been pleasant, with the sun coming out to melt off all the ice. Since this is Super Bowl Sunday a lot of my family and friends are glued to their T V's. I no longer am interested in sports. After the big games all became so politized I stopped watching them. Honesty, respect, and loyality to our country have all been traded for political power and money. Where there is no honesty there is no hope for a better life here after. I may not always be right about my bible translations, but I will always be doing everything I can to be honest. I'm thankful that I have not been robbed of my deep faith in God. That can happen so quickly, but He that is in me is greater than he who is out. Anyone who does not have their hope anchored in the Rock of Ages is sure to face many hard battles of despair. I plead with God daily to open the eyes of my loved ones who are all about worldy gain. They will not succeed, but they think they can if they can keep placing the blame for their failures on someone else. Tomorrow I start a new week. I am spiritually, and physically ready for any challange I may face, and it sure looks like that could happen any day. But I will stay positive, and keep doing my daily chores as usua. :Happy are those who wait upon the Lord." God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment