Thursday, March 22, 2018

"The Pot I Got Had No Gold"

Here is the cast iron  pot I won as a prize at a St. Patrick's Celebration. 3-22-2018

Another day, another pain in the back. I still haven't found the latest pictures I made with my camera. What a hard time I'm having learning the new Windows 10 computer. I will remain partly shut down for awhile yet. I am working part time now for Nurses Unlimited, and I came home tired today. It will take a good nights rest before I feel like studying again. I did find one of the last pictures I took that I couldn't find yesterday. It is the cast iron pot I was given as a prize at the St. Patrick's celebration. It does weigh 10 pounds, and when full of vegetables, or meat, will probably weigh 20 pounds. I think I will wait for a camp-out before I use it. Shall I give you a holler when that happens? Wonder what fresh fish would taste like cooked in this pot. It probably would make a good deep fat fryer. I live close to a lake where I've caught lots of crappie. I already had a large cast iron skillet that would fry a lot of potatoes. I know how to build hot fires since I've done it many times. When our children were growing up my husband and I camped out a lot. Not always in a tent, but in Colorado lake side cabins. Those were fun days I hold precious memories of. My children remember them also.



I published a book of memoirs a few years ago. The title is “When The Angel Came.” by Myrtle Jean Sharp. It is packed full of things my family used to do starting when I was a small child, all the way through raising my own family. The happiness, and joy I packed in this book is over whelming, along with the sadness, and tears that always come with life. Everything in the book is true, but some of it was hard to reveal. I published another book later titled, “Above or Below.” It is a mystery story covering a mountainous area of Colorado. I spent a lot of time in the range of where this plot was dedicated to, and I feel like it is almost 100 percent true. Certainly much of it is true, and I believe the rest will come true in time. I live with this story every day of my life. It has got to be read by you if you haven't already. I have gotten many positive comments on this book, and I feel so blessed that God gave me the story to write. These books can be purchased online at Amazon.com.



I had no intentions of writing about my books when I started this blog. I do not advertise them much at all. I make little profit off my books, because the publishers get most of that. I just feel blessed to have my Christian story out there for people to read. Long after I'm gone from this life, my story will live on.



God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp



















No comments:

Post a Comment