Wednesday, March 7, 2018

"My Home My Abode"

Sitting in my recliner taking a picture of the sun setting this evening. 4-7-3018 Perryton, TX


After a long tiring day I am relaxing in my recliner, and watching the sun go down through the dinning room window. I have had a good day, but after getting home from lunch at the Senior Citizen’s Center, I did a lot of work around the house. I cooked food for today, and tomorrow so I should have the next couple of days free. It was too windy today to work outside, but I can put that off for a few days.

The tables were decorated so pretty at the Center today. March is St. Patrick’s month, and as always the tables are decorated according to the celebrated event. That alone is enough to make one smile, and be thankful for our freedom. We have had two or three deaths in our community recently, so several were missing because of attending funerals. Everyone was glad the primaries were over, and talked some about the results. I never saw any frowns on any faces. This Center is a place of forgetting troubles, and sharing joys. Three days a week we are privileged to eat lunch there. I missed one of my dear friends  because she left today on a two week trip to Italy and Greece. I turn down any long trip I’m offered because I am mostly a home body. I feel safe, and contented, in my home, and I can’t say that about traveling. This friend makes several long trips every year, and dearly loves traveling. My son will be leaving this month on a business trip to Columbia. I will worry about him till he gets back. Sometimes it seems as though the whole world has turned into a war zone. Only God can make things better.

The Psalmist David is my sleeping pill each night. I am in the 64th chapter of his song, and I read a full chapter every night. I can relax, and sleep soundly after reading his constant plea to God for help. My prayer time is the last thing I do before pulling the covers over me. I do not understand the life of David, but I do know he was God’s favorite King even with all the mistakes David made. I’m going to miss reading the book of Psalms, and I’m glad it has a lot of chapters. I started the second or third time to read the bible through from Genesis to Revelations. I not only read, I try to make myself one of the characters and fit into the story. What would I do differently if I were actually one of those bible characters? God chooses His characters accordingly to His plan of earthly action. I often think what it would have been like to be Judas, the disciple who betrayed Jesus. Someone had to do it in order to carry out God’s plan. I believe that is true of every living soul. We just must not dwell on things like that, and trust God with all our might.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment