Saturday, March 3, 2018

"Coming Back To Life"

For some reason my attention was drawn to this old mansion south of Perryton, TX My painting from 4-26-2015..... 3-3-2018 Perryton, TX
                 Elk that were moved in after i painted the picture. 3-3-2018 Perryton, TX


There is something about this old mansion that keeps calling me to do some research on it. I painted this picture in April of 2015. It is located about eight miles southeast of Perryton. Most of this old house in hidden by a cliff that is several feet deep. The old house was moved to that site by the owner of the land, but I haven’t found out much information about it yet. I know it was not a far transfer, but that’s about all I know at this time. Some Elk was moved to this pasture after I painted the picture. The picture of the elk was taken in October of 2017. You can see a pumping oil well near the road of this old mansion. This place holds something interesting that I need to find out about. I’m going to make it my priority very soon. I do know the owner of this property, but he is hard to catch since he also lives in another state. I have tried a couple of times. I’m interested as to how this large house was moved to a mountainous location, so to speak. It may not be proper to call them mountains, but they sure reach high up from the ground. To say the least this was not a level moving job. I think I might like to live in that place, but I don’t think I could live with the rattlesnakes that are thick in that area. The mother-in-law of the owner of the place did live in a mobile home there till she died a few years ago. I personally knew her, but at that time I was not interested in the place.

This county, (Ochiltree) is rich with gas and oil, and a great part of it is used for wheat farming. It also has thousands of acres of ranch land. Many hills, and small mountains are formed all over the county, and goes even beyond to other surrounding counties. This has been my home for 62 years. I have watched Perryton grow from a few houses to a whopping oasis. A politician in this county is like a duck with no pond. But some of us are pouring water like crazy to make a huge floating place for a great, future State Representative. Richard Beyea is that duck who will quack every time someone tries to run him off. It is time for Perryton to shine from the heavens of Glory. Let’s do it, and be proud of who we are. Everyone who hasn’t voted early, be sure to go Tuesday, March 6, and vote for Richard Beyea for House District 88 State Representative. If you don’t live in this district, but know someone who does, call them, and ask them to vote for him. He will speak up for all of us in Austin, Texas, which by-the- way has turned into the biggest Sanctuary city in Texas. We got a good chance of changing that with the help of Richard Beyea.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment