Wednesday, March 28, 2018

"Love Those Rib Eyes"

Just the perfect day for grilling rib eye, and hamburger steaks. 3-28-2018 Perryton, TX  

This beautiful, spring day was just right for grilling rib eye, and hamburger steaks. I needed to leave prepared food here for Chuck while I am gone. He is a meat eater so I took care of that problem outside today. I ate one half of a thick rib eye after taking them off the grill. It was very tender, and cooked to my perfect taste. The flavor was scrumptious. I usually eat a baked potato with my steak, but I had baked a large sweet potato earlier, so I ate it this time. I will bake Irish potatoes tomorrow before I leave..
The sky was filled with gorgeous white clouds in every shape and size against a lovely blue back ground. A perfect day for a near “cabin fever, shut-in,” to get out and enjoy. I felt like I killed two birds with one stone while loving the outside fresh air. Tomorrow I will also clean house, and pack for the trip to my son, and his family's house. I am quite excited about the leave of absence from my computer. I've been hitting the keyboard pretty hard the past few days. I really need a break. It seems like I am getting to need these breaks more often anymore. 

I had a message left on my machine that a friend from Oklahoma City is here to see me. I called her back, but got her answering machine also. I left her a message to let her know I would be gone tomorrow morning until 3:30 pm. Then I would be leaving early the next morning to go on my trip. I asked her to come over tonight, but I don't know if I will get to see her or not. I do hope she gets my message and comes on over. This could be a very good week for me, and I really needed a good one. I'm always glad when the rush of holidays are over, and everything goes back to normal. I would rather be bored than rushed. I am so thankful for all my friends. They add a lot to my life in these older days. Most of us have been over many, many miles together. I love the journey we have had, and hope to have a lot longer one ahead. When your children, and grandchildren all have families of their own, it is good to have friends to take up some of the loneliness.  

I try to think positive every day. It would become real easy to be overtaken by fear, doubt, and hopelessness. We all must not allow these negative thoughts to dwell in our minds. God is the answer to all our questions. He gives us hope from day to day. At day's end we are physically tired. We are needing rest for our bodies, and minds. A good night's sleep usually will put a bundle of hope back into our minds. “Thank you Lord for giving us rest when we are tired.”   

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment