Tuesday, January 2, 2018

"I Loved The Giver Of This Gift"

A gift from my husband when mink was being worn more. No place to wear it now. 1-2-2018 perryton, TX


It’s been several years since my husband bought me this mink stole. At the time there was a nice club here where I could wear it on special occasions. Now there isn’t any place in Perryton where one can feel comfortable wearing mink. I probably wore this stole about a half of a dozen times. In fact I think real fur is being looked upon now as cruelty to animals. My husband didn’t look at it as wrong to use precious animal fur to make lovely coats and stoles for ladies. He was a hunter all his life, and he believed in using whatever his kill was for a great idea to make into valuable items. He used some ivory from an Elk he killed to make a handle for a hunting knife. The skilled knife-maker used stainless steel for the blade. It was a beautiful piece of art when finished. It has been passed on to a grandson who loves the same type of sport his grandfather loved. The three grandsons we have has all been given a special item of value, and sentient, of their grandfather. I would like for my mink stole to be worn by my daughter instead of hanging as a memory, but I doubt that will ever happen since fur has become a no-no in most places.  Whatever she does with it will be fine with me. She is a beautiful lady, and I love her so much. In fact her father gave her the money to pick out the prettiest mink stole she could find for me one Christmas. I do love her choice, and wish I could have worn it more.

I just got home yesterday from a short New Years vacation, but I am already wanting to go again. Tomorrow is a Citizen’s luncheon day, and I will be there with bells on. The Center has been closed for nearly two weeks so I know everyone will have an interesting story to tell about their holiday celebrations. I have a funny one or two I plan to tell. I just hope no one will be missing because of illness. The flu has been bad here. The temperature has been extremely cold for several days. This second day of the New Year I am feeling great, and am thankful for the blessing of being well. I wish all who are sick to have a speedy recovery.

As for the news situation, I am trusting the Lord to keep us safe from the awful North Korean regime. They keep threating to use their nuclear  bomb against America. Many of America‘s experts on foreign threats believe this is a genuine threat, and should be taken very seriously. Day by day we live in fear of a terrible  attack by this evil regime. It has been predicted if this happens, many innocent civilians will be killed both here and abroad. Let us all stay focused on our God to keep us safe.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp .

No comments:

Post a Comment