Wednesday, January 17, 2018

"Honoring Charles Sharp"

Charles Sharp, my husband's Shriner fez, a few pins of many, his 50 year certificate, and his Shriner club cap. 1-17-2018 Perryton TX.

In two days my husband, Charles Sharp, will have been departed from this earth for five years. 1-19-2013. One of his greatest achievements here was to become a Master Mason, and A Kiva Shriner. His last request for his funeral service was to be given full Shriner honors at his grave. That was granted to him. I felt the need to honor him myself on his five year death date. He put many hard hours in helping cook with his Shriner club for community socials, with the money being donated to the Shriner’s Children Hospital in Houston, Texas. The green club cap is dirty from sweat, and years of service, but it means a lot to me. I didn’t post his apron that he used while cooking, but I still have it. It is clean, as I washed it a lot. Most people that are not a Shriner know very little about them, including myself.  It is a very private fraternity, and the members take their oath to the grave. I’m so happy to be the wife of a great Shriner member. I do think I am right when I say no mason will ever ask a non-mason to become a member. The interested future mason must ask to be considered. One does have to first be a mason before becoming a Shriner. Most masons are happy to help an interested person to take the proper steps to becoming a mason. All kind of false tales have been told about the requirements to become a mason, but I can say once the interested person is fully accepted, they will be proud the rest of their lives. Many great men in past history have been masons.

I just want to say I did go to the Senior Citizen’s Center today, and enjoyed a great time with my friends. I look forward to these meetings every week-day that a lunch is offered. I don’t make them all, but I do attend a lot. I feel surrounded by wonderful people who will do about anything to make me happy. I am one of those who will do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It’s a blessing that cannot be matched by anything else. It truly lights up my life every time I go. One cannot take jealously, hatred, anger, or anything else into that place that fails to make people feel loved, and welcome. The opposite feeling is so strong till the unlikable ones automatically leave, and won’t come back. Can God be any better than that? If you need a load of encouragement come on down to the Center. One never knows who they may meet there that they haven’t seen in a long time. It makes you want to go and put your arms around them, and say I’m so glad you came. Most of us could improve a little on how friendly we are to others, but I’m working on that project. It’s a thing called inferior, although some won’t admit it. Brush it off. God has no respecter of persons. Be yourself, but be nice to everyone.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment