Wednesday, January 3, 2018

"A Sigh Of Good News"

What a switch. Day before yesterday, 1-1, the temperature was 4 degree. This morning two days later, the temperature is 50 degree. 1-3-2018 Perryton, TX


I am in disbelief over this weather thing in Perryton, Texas. On New Year’s day 1,1, 2018, the temperature was 4 degree. This morning at 9:a m, 1-3-2018, The temperature is 50 degree. The sun is shinning brightly. Praise the Lord. I am overjoyed at His goodness starting off the New year. Yesterday was cold, but I received a very great blessing. I cannot relate the good news now, but it was nothing short of a miracle. After the storm the calm always comes. Too many times we don’t want to battle the storm, but storms have always been, and always will be.  Matthew 14:22, tells the story of how Jesus sent his disciples in a ship back to the other side of The Sea of Galilee. Jesus stayed behind to pray. When darkness came a wind storm came, and the disciples were exhausted after rowing all night in the wind. When daylight came the disciples looked out at sea and saw a man walking on the water. They became frightened thinking it was a spirit. Then Jesus said to them, “don’t be afraid it is me.” He got in the ship with them, and the wind calmed down. He then said to them, “Oh ye of little faith.” Those disciples had no choice, but to struggle with the wind if they wanted to live. Jesus could have calmed the wind without walking on the water to them, or he could have kept it from happening in the first place, but He was testing the disciples faith. They had just witnessed a miracle before they got in the ship to leave. Jesus had taken five little fishes, blessed them, and fed a multitude of people gathered along the sea shore. The disciples were like us today. If we can’t see Jesus, or touch Him in person, we can’t believe Him when He says, “believe and ye shall receive.” 

This story has always been hard for people to accept when their storms blow in. But either we work through them, or we die. As long as we don’t give up, the storm will pass by without taking our lives. Yesterday I felt like I had been struggling with a storm for a very long time. I was not afraid, but I wanted something better than what I had. The disciples were not afraid till they saw Jesus walking on the water coming toward them. They were tired and weary, but not giving up. They didn’t expect to see the real Jesus walking on water that the wind was making high waves with, and dashing to and fro. Today I feel so blessed, and know without a doubt, that Jesus has calmed the storm in my life. I am feeling today a mountain of joy, and cannot keep silent about it. What on earth am I talking about? I wish I could explain, but it isn’t possible. I will just say, “Walk by faith and not by sight.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment