Sunday, September 24, 2017

"Nothing More Could Be Added"

Two happy chicks, had two days and nights together to recall old childhood memories. 9-24-2017 Perryton, TX.


This Sunday afternoon I am happy to say I had a great weekend with an old childhood friend. I just said good-bye to her as she left to go back home in Panhandle, Texas. She and I, and another friend attended a senior citizen’s dance in Liberal, Kansas last Friday night. We had a good time of dancing, and sharing good food with a large crowd. The following night we attended a Bar-B-Q dinner at the Senior Citizen’s Center in Perryton, Texas. Again we enjoyed another evening of good food, and wonderful fellowship. Saturday at lunch we ate at Margarita’s Steakhouse, here in Perryton, so needless to say I gained several pounds. I will spend this next week taking them off. I was able to introduce my friend to several of my friends here. It has just been a full weekend of fun and feasting. We are planning on doing this more often.

A nice shower last night really cooled things off. It should be easy to pull up dead flowers out of my flower garden tomorrow. I am so ready to get it all done, and forgotten about. I will wait out the long winter months so I can do it all again. I gotta have my flowers smiling at me every day. I won’t miss them too much through the winter since it will be too cold to go outside. I will be painting them on canvas, and hanging them on the walls. There is no way I can leave them dead. The memories will never be forgotten. That is what my friend and I said to each other today before she left.

 Good memories will never be forgotten. We have a barrel of them from this past weekend to add to the tons from the past. We laughed, and yelled with belly-shaking fun at some of the things that happened at the dance this past Friday night. I can’t stop laughing. This should add ten more years to my life. One of the funniest things we heard was when the tall, slender, 92 year old man, who was dancing with my friend, said to her, “I will come by and pick you girls up and take you to another dance tomorrow night. There were three of us, and how exciting can it get? My friend was quick to explain to him that we already had other plans. This elderly gentleman said he went dancing three times a week. He really did bless our hearts. I could add that he was a successful, retired, oil business man. He shared with me some past business he had done here in Perryton with some people whom I knew well. He lived in Garden City, Kansas, and we were dancing at Liberal Kansas. My friend said, “we can truly say we found a boyfriend when the old jealous gals start questioning us.” He seemed to like all three of us. He really was a nice, never-give-up type of man. He told my friend he was shooting for 100 years, just eight more left to go. We gotta love this young man.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 


No comments:

Post a Comment