Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Believe And You Will Recieve"

The moon at 7:00 o'clock this morning is in the same spot the sun was at 7:00 o'clock last night. 9-6-2017 Perryton, TX


I had a short night last night. I woke up at 5 a.m. I just lay in bed awake till 6:30, them got up and turned on the coffee pot. It was still partly dark. At about 7:00 o’clock I  looked out my kitchen window to the west and saw this gorgeous red moon. The sun was in that same spot at 7:00 o’clock last evening. I went out and took a picture like I have done many times before. I love the early morning bright moon. It seems to say to me, “good morning, it’s time to eat, drink, and be merry.” I heard it, and contrary to what I had planned not to do, I decided to listen to the moon, and go out to the lunch at the Citizen’s Center today. There I can eat, drink, and be merry. Halleluiah! What a joy to feel free to do whatever I want to do. I had other plans for today, but probably would not have followed through with them anyway. I first must enjoy, then worry about my “need to do” things. That’s quite the opposite to what my dad taught me as a child. He told we children to do our work first then we could play. Well, that’s the right thing to teach a child, but in the second childhood that teaching changes. All of you pre- retirement, work grinders, you do have something to look forward to. Just keep looking at that bright moon, and know it will always wake you up when it’s time to eat, drink, and be merry. When you can’t see the moon, have faith. It is still there.

These words to some of you may seem like I’m either not aware, or not touched by the terrible pain and distress of the thousands of flood victims. Wrong. I had let it get me down to where I could not see anything but disaster ahead for the entire world. I was sure the time had come for all human to give account, and that included the Christians as well as the non-believers. That thought may still be true, but depression will not help the situation at all. Matthew 5:8 teaches us this lesson. “Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.” A pure heart is an honest, kind, loving, giving, simple, and free from all jealousy, type of heart. If we stay depressed I doubt that we could meet those requirements for a pure heart. We must praise God in spite of all troubles and trials. We must never take our frustrations out on another person. That would be one of the most damaging mistakes we could ever make. The damage would be greater to us than to the innocent. Again I listened to that voice from the moon, or somewhere else, that says, “eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow may never come.” I took this past  week-end off and met a friend at another state, and came home feeling like I had conquered all my worries. I must declare to you that God is still on the throne, and He still answers prayer.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment