Tuesday, September 5, 2017

"Memories Are My Favorite Silent Movies"

                         A long ago mansion. Ochiltree county TX 9-5-2017 Perryton, TX


Many years ago some well-to-do people lived in this old house I am posting on my blog.  It was almost a mansion to the builders of this house about 100 years ago. It is in Ochiltree county, Texas, but I don’t know the original owners of it. It is also one of several old houses still standing in Ochiltree county, but without any care what-so-ever. It makes my heart ache to see such nice, has-beens, just rotting away. I would even been thrilled to look inside, but never can find anyone who knows the owner, or anyone with the authority to give permission to go in. I don’t know how to describe the location to the county clerk, because it is in the country. There is a house next to this old one.  I did know the owners of it, however both of those friends are deceased, and I don’t know how to reach their children. I’m sure they wouldn’t know anyway to help me either. Their parents didn’t live there long. They sold the house and moved to a big city before their death.

Every once and awhile I get the urge to go on an exploration of old houses. I have been lucky enough to explore several, that gave me great excitement. A few I have been able to get history of, and it was so thrilling to recapture the stories I loved about some famous persons actually having been guest at that particular residence, or lodge. The stories of famous people never die, and I never get tired of hearing them. I have never been a real friend of modern technology. However, I do appreciate the computer, and the phones you can take with you, and talk to people anywhere you want. I still think the people of old had more fun. They didn’t have to rack their brain every day to figure things out. Life was plain, and simple.

Coming back from Liberal Kansas today, I was amazed at all the new power type of technology such as wind mills. It seems as though everywhere I travel I see these large towers with very wide blades turning with the wind making electricity. These towers have been going up for several years. I wonder if this is another political advancement that will end up as a waste of money. It doesn’t look logical to me. What would this world be like if everything was a perfect, first-time, job?  There just wouldn’t be any way for men to earn their bread, by the sweat of their brow. God is seeing to that, because He is the one that made that decision. I believe I will have to keep going crazy little, by little, until I die. Because I will never be free from frustration that is handed to me every day. Although, I will never stop telling those demanding charge clerks to do the job right if they expect me to pay them. I don’t know how much longer I can last at that, but I believe I will out live most of them. They have been noticed by the Father of all, and He has no favorites. Thanks for hearing me out today. I have just been cleaned out.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp  

No comments:

Post a Comment