Monday, September 4, 2017

"A Get Away Week End"

             Millions of bushels of wheat are stored under thei tarp 9-4-2017 Perryton, TX
Some of the cattle that graze off of the thousands of acres of wheat pasture after the wheat has been cut and resowed. 9-4-2017 Perryton, TX


Good evening friends. I have returned from a week-end trip to Oklahoma to spend Labor Day week-end with a friend. I had a wonderful time, and it did me good to get away for awhile. I feel like a new person this morning, and I have already made plans for another convivial date in about three weeks. The young don’t stay young if they don’t act young. I’m a good actress, and I love every minute of the attention given me. I also like to give attention to others who are acting the same gala, laughable, emotional, acts that I offer. My friends and I have made up our minds never to give into despair, even when we know the dangerous world we’re living in is at it’s highest level of threatening calamity. If we must die, we must die happy. That is to say Godly, but happy. I have more energy today than I’ve had in a long time. I now know I was just staying home too much. I did a ton of yard work this morning, and I’m going to keep it up. I will celebrate when it’s all finished. How could I ever have been blessed any more? Where was God all that time I was calling on Him to send me a miracle? He was in the same place He is now, telling me I finally woke up, and claimed the miracle. Thank you Lord for everything I got, Your will for my life. That’s really what I asked for, but thought You might add a little extra. I got plenty of extra. A joy overflowing life, and some good friends to share it with.

While traveling back to Texas from Oklahoma yesterday, I was overwhelmed by the hundreds of head of cattle I saw grazing on rich grassland with lakes of water near by after I reached Ochiltree county Texas. That is the county I live in. After the horrific fire that destroyed thousands of head of cattle, and tens of thousands acres of grassland this past spring, the country looked like my life. A new beginning for prosperity, and happiness. How thrilling to see the millions of bushels of excessive  wheat stored in a long mound under a white tarp. There was no place to go with it, and that means Ochiltree county is blessed by the millions of bread and beef. How could one not be happy, and ready to celebrate after such a blessing as this? Put on that smile, dress up, and go to kick up a heel. God is real, and has proven He still loves us. He is rich, and we are His heirs. Let’s act like it.

To all the people of southeast Texas, and Louisiana, and any other place that has been devastated by the flood, don’t feel defeated. Everything will be restored to you with an extra bonus, if you don’t expect more than what you know you deserve. God is good, and He is just.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment