Friday, May 22, 2015

"On This A Sad And Happy Occasion"

So sorry for this mother bird. Something knocked the egg out  of the nest and it landed on my sidewalk. One little leg was sticking through the crack. The bird was trying to get out of the shell. Poor mother, I know how much she grieved over this baby's death. 5-22-2015 Perryton, Texas.
It seems as though someone decorated the little deer's ears with flowers. I hope it is a female. 5-22-2015 Perryton, Texas.



On this another cloudy, drizzly day I discovered a sad experience for a mother bird. A little egg with a fully developed bird had fallen out of the nest and was laying on my sidewalk. I could see something pink stuck to the outside of the egg. Upon further examination I saw it was the baby bird’s leg sticking out a crack. It had been trying to break out of the egg. I looked around for the mother, but I suppose she had already given up on saving her baby. I should have placed the cracked egg in a warm nest-like environment  and maybe the baby bird could have lived, but I assumed it was already dead. Even if it had of lived it would not have had a mother to feed it. Even the fowls of the earth must mourn their dead.

I was sprinkled with a few drops of rain while checking out my yard. The muddy ground was too sticky for getting off the grass. I did notice a funny little sight as I looked at the lively, colorful bachelors-buttons growing around a little deer planter I have in my flower bed. It looked like someone had pined a flower through each ear of the deer, making it look so neatly presentable for a party. A bitter-sweet moment just filled my soul for a short time this morning. A time to cry, and a time to laugh is what life is all about. “Thank you Lord.” The sun is peeking through the clouds and that makes me smile big. I would like to see a rainbow. Its been so long I think I would jump for joy if I saw one now. Rick and I are still waiting to challenge the crappie in our over-flowing lake. I feel so lucky about catching a big one. I have a net that I always take to put under my caught fish so there is no chance of losing them. It takes two to do that, but I have someone now to help me.

I will be having company for memorial day. I am so happy to have a friend from Oklahoma City to visit me. We will attend the Memorial Service at the cemetery Monday morning then we will be going out to have lunch together. There is one exception, if it doesn’t start raining before we leave for the out-door services. The weather report indicates the weather will be sunny and warm. I am so hoping they have it right. It is always a sad time for me to go to the cemetery, but I also feel very close to my loved one’s spirit. I must think of them as still alive, and only their earthly body is in the grave. But there is an ugly voice inside me that says, “ you can dig them up.” I know their caskets have been sealed and they probably look exactly the way they did when we put them in the ground, but I can still remember how they looked while they were with me, and memory is enough. I send my love to both my husband and baby boy.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment