Friday, May 1, 2015

"May Day Blessings"

May day flowers left on my mailbox this morning. Message read "Wishing you a May Day that is bright with happy moments." Gos bless the giver. 5-1-2015 Perryton, Texas.
              A snap from the camera that I didn't do. The fall did it. 5-1-2015 Perryton, Texas.


When I looked for my mail this morning I found these lovely fresh flowers hanging on my mailbox. A message was taped to the holder which read, “Wishing you a May Day that is bright with happy moments.” I was so proud of this little bouquet of fresh flowers, even though I have no idea where they came from. I was reminded of when I was a little girl it was such a delightful occasion to pick a few flowers and hang them on friend’s door knobs. We would knock and holler “Happy May Day,” then run before anyone could see us. Such little things as this can sometimes bring cheer and happiness to a troubled heart. I thank whoever gave those flowers to me today. I pray their day will also be blessed with bright happy moments. Mother’s Day is coming up, and I will again be receiving wonderful messages of love from my children. How great it is to be a mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, friend, and most of all a child of God. We have so much to be thankful for.

I thank God for protecting me this morning. I had a very unusual fall. I was going to take the little bouquet of flowers out and hang them back on my mailbox to take a picture of them. I had them in one hand and my camera in the other. I was in my socks because I was going to be on the porch to take the picture. I needed to close the door while I made the snapshot. I opened the glass door and reached for the big door as I was stepping out onto the porch. There is a slick metal strip with a slight slope on my door floor. I stepped on it and my feet slide off with a full fall onto the porch. The bouquet paper vase was wet from the water I had put the flowers in  and my camera somehow took a picture without me knowing it until I unloaded the one I did take. I was not hurt, but was shocked at how this could have happened so unbelievably quick. There is only about a 2 inch step down from the door facing to the porch. I just slide off before I got a chance to step off. I was so surprised to see the picture of my spilled flowers till I also posted it. How good, and more good, our God really is. I hear about a lot of people falling  when they get older, but my falls are not because of age; its just because of accidents, most of which was not preventable. I have had several falls in the past year. None of which injured me too badly, but it did shake me up. And yes, believe it or not, I do think every fall one has does have a lasting effect on the injured. At best falls are a sign of imperfection on the part of our bodies. I continue to pray for safety while I live on.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment