Saturday, May 9, 2015

"A Single Rose For Mother"

Look what the rain has done to my flowers. They are looking beautiful. "Thank you Lord." 5-9-2015 Perryton, Texas
All the roses are are blooming wonderfully. Several different colors of them. 5-9-22015. Perryton, Texas.

Here in Perryton, Texas we are still getting rain. It has been a true blessing to have all this natural fertilize provided by rain. There is such a significant difference in the colors of the flowers and grass when rain has been the water needed to nourish them. We thank God for every drop He has sent us. We also thank Him that no tornados have been seen near our place of abode. It is with these thankful feelings that I wish every mother, whether natural or adopted, a very happy Mother’s Day tomorrow. I am one of those, and I know the joy of being wished a happy mother’s day. Every since I learned that God chose Mary to be the mother of His son, Jesus, I have felt part of that superior ownership of my children. After all my children were God’s before they were mine. I am sure His gratitude is being sent from heaven to all mothers. He is the father of all. Its o k to hold your head high and place a big smile on your face when being recognized at church tomorrow for being a mother. Nothing could be more pleasing to everyone than this.

I am reminded of the story I heard a Christian man tell once. He said he was buying some flowers for his mother for mother’s day. He noticed a small girl standing a short distance from him who was holding a single rose with her eyes full of tears. He walked over and asked why she was crying. She said I saved all my allowance to buy my mother a rose for mother’s day and now I can’t get it to her. “Where does your mother live?” he asked. “I can’t tell you, I will have to show you,” she answered.  The man told her he would take her to her mother if it wasn’t far away. She said, “no it isn’t far.” The two strangers got into the car and started driving. After a few miles the little girl said, “turn in here.”  To the man’s surprise they were turning into a cemetery. The little girl directed him to the grave of her mother. He could not hold back the tears as he watched her place the single rose on her mother’s grave. The man closed his story by saying, “I had intended to send my mother some flowers, but now he would be taking them to her in person. Oh! How great is the love of God.

May everyone remember to do something special for your mother tomorrow if she is still alive. Just a call or a card, could make a mother’s heart overflow with happiness. Remember you only are assured of having a mother today. Tomorrow she may be gone. My mother has been gone for 22 years and I still miss her terribly.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment