Saturday, May 30, 2015

"Let The Grass Grow"

A sprig of ornamental grass I transplanted last year from a flower bed that I needed to plant a rose bush in. It has done so well with all the rain, and I expect it to get as tall as the fence. I love this grass. 5-30-2015 Perryton, Texas.


I was so pleased to see this little sprig of ornamental grass that I transplanted last year from a flower bed where I wanted to put a rose bush. It usually takes several years for it to multiply and grow tall, but with all the rain we’ve had this spring the grass has grown and spread out so much I am adoring it. I hope to turn this strip of ground into a lovely flower garden next spring. I also picked a few ripe cherries from the tree today. This was the first year for the tree to produce, and I couldn’t wait to see what they would taste like. It was incredible how good these cherries tasted. They don’t even cling to the seed. Since this is their first year to bare there wasn’t very many on the tree, but if we don’t get a late freeze next year there should be plenty. All the fruit is doing good, and I will be wondering what to do with it since I don’t can anymore. We will have some kind of fruit pies on the table most of the summer.

I can’t believe another week has passed since we were at church last Sunday. The time is just zipping by. Sunday means I have to fix dinner, go to church, come home and eat, then lay around the rest of the day. I don’t like wasting time by not doing anything but resting. I am always glad for Monday morning to get here. I have several things on my list of, “to do,” next week. I usually don’t get them all done, but at least some of them. I need to speed up a bit. No amount of interest we may have in anything can take the place of time spent with family. I cannot be with my family members much since distance is so great. My two sons who live here in my city are the only family I have within miles. I miss all the rest of them so much. I see less and less of them all the time. I admit I have to fight daily to keep my spirits up over being absent from my large family so much. It hasn’t always been that way. Over the years time has changed everything. School, and better jobs has created lots of distance between us. As the older ones gets older, they are unmovable including myself. But where would you move to be with more family when they all are scattered about?

I, myself, and my God will live here in my comfort zone till death do us part. I need no more company than what I have. I just need to quit recalling the “good ole days.” My grandmother and grandfather. My mom and dad. My six sisters and brothers and their families. My uncles and  aunts, and cousins by the dozens. Then the same family members on my husband’s side. Life is cruel at times, but I am thankful for the greatest friend one could ever have, Jesus Christ.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment