Monday, January 31, 2022

“Gone But Not Forgotten” It is so sad to be reading the news about Cheslie Kryst's death yesterday, Sunday January 30, on my birthday. Supposedly she leaped from an ninth story apartment terrace, but one news media states that the last time she was seen she was on a 29 story apartment terrace. She was living in the Manhattan 60 story Orion Building stated one news source. She was 30 years old, and a black 2019 Miss USA pageant winner. Her father was Polish, and her mother was African American. Her mother is married to another man now who Cheslie refers to as her father. Cheslie had beauty, intelligence, and fame, as stated by several news outlets. She left a note just before her death saying, “May this day bring you rest and peace.” I am aware of the epidemic of suicides in this world we live in now. I scream out every night to my Lord to help me to help them. I feel their misery, and I would do anything to help them get through it. The reason for much of it is caused by would be preventive medicines. Even though you wouldn't call a lot of it medicine, it was someones idea of finding peace enough to keep going. An incurable addiction nothing less. It finally reaches the point that no matter how much one increases the dosage the short time ease is no longer there. Death is the last hope. I believe there comes times when we all are met in a scrummage position. The advantage the Christians have is our Great God. We don't have to grab the bottle of pills or alcohol to beat the giants. I have talked to many ex druggies, or alcoholics who have told me no matter how long they have been drug free there still is a daily struggle. I have known some who finally was overwhelmed by temptation, and took their lives, even after years of fighting the habit. I am in no way referring to Cheslie Kryst, but surly she did have a problem that made her give up. Most of us can say we also have to fight daily against flesh and blood. We should never let one day pass without we thank God for keeping us free from man-made solutions to our problems. Of course we must use common sense, but only God can give us that also. I am being tried more and more every day by that old evil one to break my faith in God, but I am determined to hold out to the end. Grieve, yes. Think irrationally, yes. But deny my victory, no never. I can always get up, and walk away from it. In fact it walks away from me when it sees I have God by my side. Believe me friends, and loved ones, God is real, and you need to wake up to that fact. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment