Sunday, January 16, 2022

“The Parable Of The Sheep” JOHN ch.10, 1-6 Jesus said, “I am telling you the truth:the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who goes in through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, the sheep hear his voice as he calls his own sheep by name, and he leads them out. When he has brought them out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. They will not follow someone else, instead they will run away from such a person, because they do not know his voice.” Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he meant. You need to read the rest of chapter 10 to fully understand what Jesus was saying. The part that took me aback was when he told them he was the shepherd and all other shepherds before him were thieves, and robbers. In my opinion there is no other way to heaven, but to follow Jesus. How many of us are actually following Jesus teachings, the entire New Testament? Just to believe in him is not saying you are following him. Here is where so many people drop the ball in someone else s court. You must hold onto that ball till you can make the goal in your own court. Yes, I played basketball in high school, and I am fully aware how hard it is to keep that opposing side from stealing your ball. My coach was looking on, and I knew what he had told me before the game. Thieves, and robbers were in the game also, and you must be smart enough to lock them out. This game of Christians verses evil doers is in full swing, and there is no time-outs allowed. I am tired, and need to rest, but I cannot stay in the game if I give into defeat. My prayer is, Jesus you accepted me as one of your players, and have given me spiritual strength all these years. I never gave up, and you never gave up on me, but the game isn't over and I need some time-out to talk to you personally. The thieves, and robbers are getting more brave every day. They are very wooing to the Christians, and have stolen much of their faith. You already know this Lord, but we need help to win this game/war, against evil. If you have a replacement for me Lord, please let me know. I'm no scorekeeper Lord, but maybe I can furnish water for the fighters. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment