Friday, January 28, 2022

“Chicken Egg Noodles For Dinner” Cooking is the subject today. It caused me to be late with my blog, but when you're hungry for home made chicken noodles, that's alright. After frying the whole chicken yesterday, except the boney pieces, I decided to cook them today and make egg noodles. This involves a lot of time, but they are worth it. I had some chicken thighs in the freezer so I was able to have a pan full of rich broth. The chicken is still cooking so I have to wait awhile before I put in the home made noodles. I cut them as thin as tissue paper and as small as toothpicks. No quick, tricky way did I use. Cut one noodle at a time. The first time I ever did that. The freezer will keep some of these ready-cooked noodles for another time. Sorry you can't come and help eat them up now. Everyone is afraid of COVID, and it's a good thing to be cautious of it. I can't say I'm proud of what I accomplished today because outside of cooking I have done almost nothing. I had several things on my agenda today, but as usual will try again another day. If the weather stays good that will help my, want to, a lot. I have been upset every since I had to cancel my Dr. appointment in Amarillo last Thursday because of weather conditions. Now I have to wait another six weeks. By faith I will fair it fine. The COVID is so bad in Amarillo it probably was a good thing the weather turned bad. However, a friend had gone to a lot of trouble to keep me overnight so I could be there early for the appointment. She isn't too well herself, but she made sure I would have a good time while there with her. I think she deserves a great blessing from God. I won't list my plans for tomorrow because somehow they never seem to work out anymore. Maybe I will just list my accomplishments. I can say right now I am happy, and although I will have my 89th birthday this Sunday. I still feel pretty young. I'm sure I will be alone, but phone calls are all I need. I'm staying home due to the spike in COVID here in my city. I am thankful to have been freed from that awful virus, and I will do my part to keep it away. My heart does have great sadness to all who have not been so lucky, but we must keep trusting God. About the only advise I want to give others is TRUST GOD. He is in control. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment