Tuesday, March 5, 2019

"Smoothing Out The Deep Ruts"

                              Grading the alley behind my house. 3-5-2019 Perryton, TX
 
A big part of yesterday, and today, a large grader has been working on the alley behind my house. It was in bad need of being graded. Deep ruts, and potholes were making it hard to travel down the alley. I do appreciate how serious our city takes our allies into consideration. It helps make our homes look more manicured behind our back yard fences. All residents mow a large strip of grass behind those fences, that meet the edge of the alley road. Proud neighbors keep the alley's free of clutter. Only the trash dumpsters are lined along the backyard fences.


We have had another nice day today, and I am feeling much better. I hope the flu season is over in our community. It has really been bad. Even those who had the shots still took the flu. A few people here in my own community developed pneumonia from the flu virus, and didn't get over it. The virus just keep lingering on, even when it looked like one might be over it, it kept coming back. I'm thankful for the mercy of God who kept me from becoming real sick. By mostly staying in the house I was able to stay out of bed. I only went to the doctor once. I didn't feel like doing my house work, or writing my blog for several days off, and on, but I felt like watching television. I heard most of the news at least four or five times, which it began to get on my nerves.


Hopefully I will be going to the Center tomorrow for lunch. It has been over two weeks since I have been. I went a couple of times between the flu break, but then I was missing again with the same cause. I have a lot of catching up to do at my favorite places of chatting, and eating good food. I have been made to realize just how blessed I have been to be part of a great crowd of friends, and feeling like laughing, and telling funny jokes. Maybe I will be more serious now that I have had to be for almost two months. I still think God wants us to be happy, and enjoy life. We don't have to leave God out of our lives for Him to call us out sometimes, and prepare us for a special job he wants us to do. He would not call us to do a job that He hadn't prepared us for. And as everyone knows all new endeavors require special training. It may be tough, but He does not put more on us than we are able to bear. I may not want to give up some pf my treasured life styles, but I will do whatever God leads me to do. I quote, “When God closes one door He opens another.” What may seem like a crazy trade off for me, could end up being the best thing that ever happened to me. The door hasn't been closed yet, because I think God is letting me make that choice. I am waiting for the positive answer which I am know for requiring.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment