Wednesday, September 12, 2018

"Why Do They Do It"


Watching the football boys across the street warming up for their first game. 9-12-2018 Perryton, TX

 
I gotta love those football boys who give their skin, and blood to win the game for we proud Perrytonites. Nothing will stop them from giving all they've got to win the game. They see me watching them so I wave, and smile at them. I have been watching these guys practice for years from my front porch. The practice field is directly across the street from me. The playing field and bleachers are within walking distance from my house. This is the time of year when everyone in Perryton gets rallied up, and goes out to the ball game. There is never a dull minute around my place till school lets out for the summer. The midget teams play their little hearts out on the same field when the big boys are not playing. Yes, football is taught to the boys from kindergarten up. My boys all played on the same field also. We have lived in this house for fifty years. I have lots of good ole memories.


I had a nice time at the Center today. It is still not the same, but getting better all the time. I can change with the time I'm sure. I have to be thankful for the nice place we have that lets us all come together three times a week on an average, and more than that on special occasions. An evening get together is always great, and special food is served. Sometimes entertainment is provided also. Several of our Seniors never miss a meeting unless they are either sick, or on vacation. It seems like that is never for some. Our next special dinner will be September 22. A wonderful bar-b-q will be served along with all the good stuff that goes with it, It is a fund raiser for the Center and everyone is invited.


I find it hard sometimes to fight old age. It has it's way of wrinkling our skin, and closing our ears. It makes us want to rest too much, and lose interest in most things. It dims our eyes, and scares us every time we have a little cold. We wonder if it's pneumonia or are we going blind. When our muscles get sore from too much movement at normal cleaning etc, we wonder am I getting cancer? When we forget little things that used to be normal, we now wonder am I losing my mind. I know this is every older person's concern, but it sure does make things difficult to cope with. I will trust God through every trial even though I may not show it. I believe God likes us to be silent at times. He can speak to us better if we will just listen, and not try to tell Him all about out troubles. He already knows them, and will do what, and when, He chooses to. Big mouth people often stick their foot in their mouth when it should have been closed. Then they try to tell people they are in God's will. Not true, so say I.


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment