Thursday, September 13, 2018

"The Plant That Died But Didn't Get Buried"

                        The plant that was supposed to have died. 9-13-2018 Perryton, TX
 

I'm real proud of my green thumb. Six months ago Chuck told me to trash this plant. There was nothing but the stump, and it looked completely dead. It had been a gorgeous plant when Chuck bought it standing about five feet tall. But for some reason he was unable to keep it alive. He is suppose to be the Horticulturist in the family. I told Chuck I wanted to try and survive that plant because I had loved it so much. I cautioned him not to touch it while it was under my care. But he didn't mind me. He thought if I thought I could survive it he would help me. I caught him spraying something on it, and I was sure that's why it died in the first place. I didn't give up, and put my expertise to use. About a month later Chuck was the first to notice a tiny green speck peeping out of the stump. The stump was about 12” tall, and about 8” around. It looked like something from the Hawaiian Islands. A little later another green speck, and finally five green specks were showing. They each slowly, but surly began to grow. I warned Chuck again about “hands off,” so he finally let me take care of it. We sit it out in the yard when the weather got warm, and today it's still there. I took a picture of it's magical growth, and the strawberry plants Chuck set around it without me knowing it. I have eaten one or two strawberries from the plants. Fall is approaching, and I'm concerned as to where in the house we can sit it. The windows in the house are high, and the plant with the big planter full of soil is very heavy. I'm looking for a tall, sturdy table. I dare Chuck to kill my plant.


So I did have a good day today. I visited with a neighbor for awhile who was interesting to talk with. He wants to buy Chuck's house if we decide to sell it. I don't plan for that to happen anyways soon. I worked in the yard some more, and the place is starting to look a lot better. Chuck was able to help some, but he is in poor health. I really needed the extra exercise I am getting from working in that yard. Both mentally, and physically I am feeling kinda giant wise. I thank God for that. I had gotten into a rut for awhile, and didn't enjoy anything. I stayed home most of the time. Now I am going like before, and enjoying every minute of it. Life can play tricks on us sometimes. But my God cannot be tricked, and He's looking out for me. Tomorrow I will be attending a luncheon at the Center for the third time this week. Next week I will be attending a special bar-b-q dinner at the Center on a Saturday evening. I'm excited about this event. I hope a lot of people will show up, and show out. Whoopie do. 


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment