Monday, September 24, 2018

"This Is Especially For My President And Supreme Court Nominee"

A rose for Charles. Please send to 1 Sharp Avenue, Heaven Eternal. Happy birthday Charles. We love, and miss you. 9-24-2018 Perryton, TX
 
My daughter called today to remind me that tomorrow was her dad's birthday. Is that why I dreamed about him last night? My husband always loved roses, so I went to the yard and took a picture of this one nice, red rose to send him. I know he will be smiling as he unwraps this special birthday gift. No coconut cake with pink flakes of his favorite coconut, but just a rose to say “I love you.” “Thank you Lord for letting me have him for 63 years.”


Lunch at the Center was great today. Bar-b-q ribs, potato salad, cold slaw, and brown beans. This day was a bit unusual for our little group. Instead of laughing and he- hawing, we recalled a few very sad things that happened over the years we have known each other. I believe the Lord would have us to do that at times. Our eyes need to be watered a lot, and sometimes in the public view. I think it's just to remind us of how sad a time some of our friends, and loved ones have had to live through. We are never alone when it comes to grieving. Even our Jesus suffered greatly, He who knew no sin. But I thank God that He does wipe our tears away, and lets us laugh after we've had our cry. The time is coming when there will be no more tears.


Let me tell you who I think I am according to the Prophet Isaiah. ch. 54 v, 11-17. I am a child of God whom God sent His son Jesus to redeem me from sin. Read it all.


O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colors, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shall thou be established: thou shall be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surly gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake, Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.


This is me. Do you think it is you also? I hope you can say yes. We who are redeemed by Jesus Christ are the children Isaiah is speaking of here. I am anxious to see my new home, the foundation will be laid of sapphires, I love those stones. My windows will be made of agate, I love that stone also. My gates will be made of carbuncles, and my borders of other pleasant stones. My new heavenly home must be something of the unimaginable.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment