Saturday, September 15, 2018

"My Heaven Of Peace And Rest"

                  Saturday morning hang- out for this lady of leisure. 9-15-2018 Perryton, TX
 
It was so nice this cool Saturday morning lying out on the patio swing, and relaxing. I had just called one of my sons who said he and his wife were on their way to Houston to catch a cruise ship. I had to lie out and dream I was going with them. Seriously My son has begged me several times to go on a cruise with them, but I do not like cruises. It sounds like fun, but I don't like water that well. I do hope they have a great time, since both of them have very stressful jobs, and need to get away and relax often. I really am enjoying the thought of them having a good time. My covered, screened-in patio is a comfortable place for me to relax, and day dream. No flies, or mosquitoes can get in, and I can go to sleep so easily.


I talked with my daughter also this morning, and that is always a thrill. She lives 400 miles from me so we don't get to see each other very often. We are planning a get-together around Thanksgiving. That gives me something to look forward to. I have not attended the Widow and Widower's meeting in quite some time, but am seriously thinking about going this evening. I need to start back with all the meetings I used to attend regularly. I am putting forth an effort, but it will take a little time. I had gotten side swiped from all of them. A friend who lives in another city, and I, was going places away from our home, and was being quite entertained for awhile. Everything gets boring with time. I am thankful for a choice of things to do.


The week coming up will be filled with things I plan to do. I know it will be exciting, and I'm ready for some fun times. When I am happy and contented, It is these times that I receive the most blessings. I am in full control at this time in my life, to take a challenge to do things I have put off for so long. My desire is to keep this good attitude for a long time. I haven't learned how to preserve it yet. It seems like I always do the same things every day with nothing changing, but somehow I lose my up-beat, and back to the recliner I go. I don't like those recliner times, and try hard not to allow them to take control of me. At least I'm good for awhile yet. I don't know how to put it, but I am so happy right now. I feel like good things are going to start happening by the dozens. Anxiety, please don't overrule me. I need time to absorb all this good stuff. Thank You Lord, again and again.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment