Thursday, March 23, 2017

"The Lady In A Pile Of Leaves"

Almost buried in a pile of leaves. 3-23-2014 perryton, TX
                          Part of a long row of raked dead leaves. 3-23-2017 Perryton, TX


Yesterday was a “rake um, and take um” to the dumpster day. I raked and carried ten large trash containers of dead leaves to the dumpster. I still have more to do today. Part of these leaves was from my neighbor’s large tree just over the fence, but he didn’t come and rake my yard. He doesn’t even know I raked his leaves out of my yard. His leaves and my leaves are not labeled so we both just rake our own yards. We do have a prediction of rain tonight so I had to get in gear and clean the yard of all trash. I slept good last night. I suppose I need to rake leaves every day.

I went to bed last night with problems on my mind. My camera was refusing to unload, my computer was refusing to work properly, and several other stubborn issues were happening with my daily performances, but this morning everything is working normally. I guess everything needed rest as badly as I did. All the things I figured out last night that I would do today to get it all fixed I just have to cancel today. What does that sound like? I think my Heavenly Father had mercy on me. I can’t miss a day without being reminded how important God is in my life. I feel so close to Him every minute of every day. He is my strength, my present help in time of need, my comforter, my provider, my shield, and all other things a child needs from a father. I trust Him with my life every day.

I had a nice luncheon with friends at the Center yesterday. It always encourages me to sit at the table with several friends and share our blessings together. When I told a special friend yesterday that she was an inspiration to me, her big, bright, eyes looked up at me like she was shocked. She was sitting at a table, and I bent down to put my arm around her, like I always do, when I told her that. This lady is a talented artist, and a native of England. Her beautiful, smoothed-skin, face would light up any room. A few years ago she had a stroke that left her partly paralyzed. Her speech is very limited, but she tries hard to communicate. I can tell it embarrasses her to try to talk, but with her few words, and those big smiling eyes, she lets her heart open up. She never misses a luncheon at the center. A caregiver brings her there, and with the help of a walker, this sweet lady adds a lot of inspiration to the crowd. Sometimes I am amazed at how long of a sentence she manages to get out. Other times she just tries to let you know she has a handicap. She looks much younger than her age, and I believe this persistent, beautiful, young lady will someday be able to communicate more.  I love her enduring style.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment