Saturday, March 11, 2017

"Give Me Flowers Instead Of Thorns"

The crocus are looking pretty this morning. They are the second flower in my garden to bloom this year. 3-11-2017 Perryton, TX


I’m still being hindered this morning from spraying the fruit trees, and working in the yard. No rain yet, but the skies are cloudy, and it’s very cool. I am seeing more of my flowers growing from bulbs, blooming every day. They make my heart sing. I just wish I could bloom and be that pretty. I am my own flower, and I like to see myself in full bloom every day. I have always had this desire, but it’s hard for a flower to bloom when it’s covered with grief and sorrow. I am working on improving that set-back. Like the flowers in my garden, I can look pretty today, and fade away tomorrow. It takes a daily talk with God to keep encouraged. I am so thankful for all His help to me, and I tell Him so every day. Since I can’t work in the yard today I can have most of the day to primp, and get ready for a dinner with the singles group this evening. This time of fellowship is my special occasion of the week. I see friends who are dealing with the same, every day problems, that I deal with. It always reminds me that I am not alone as a human being still on this earth. Most of us give ourselves the best beauty treatment possible when we prepare for this meeting. I believe that pleases God. It shows that we still have respect for the person that God chose to put our spirit in. This is good enough to make a person dance a little gig, even though there is no music. A little jazz might be fun.

Years ago we used to sing this song in church, “The move is on my Lord the move is on.” Some people took it literally and started moving on. It got to be a happy time of self-dancing, and shouting out to God. I think those kinds of songs have long been removed from the church hymnals. They have been replaced with noise from rock-star artist which older people can’t even understand the words. Not because they’re deaf, but because they didn’t learn that language. We were tried to be made fools of, but instead the new generation made fools out of themselves. “What a day that will be when my Jesus they shall not see.” I will not back away from the word of God that teaches us how to live no matter how hard it may become. I am not close to being a religious fanatic, but neither am I close to being a
Satan follower. There is a level playing field out there, and more people need to find it. Is there a petition out there that I can sigh to bring back common-sense thinking, and replace the demon ideologically that is so rampant?  I’m searching everywhere, but have not seen one trace of any such petition. I still have the assurance that the Christian believer if they have truly been vetted by God will win over all odds.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment