Tuesday, March 21, 2017

"Happy Timers And Happy Finders"

Dr. Jenny McGaughy speaking at the Happy Timers luncheon today 3-21-2017 Perryton, TX


I enjoyed being at the “Happy Timers” meeting today. The group sang a few Irish songs then went into the dinning room for a delicious Irish lunch. Dr. Jenny McGaughy gave a short speech on her difficult time while carrying and delivering twins. She delivered the twins early, a boy and a girl. The little girl fought and fought to live, but after a few days she succumbed. The boy lived and is now nine years old. He is a blessing to the mom and dad, but they will always wish they could have saved their daughter. The speech was sad, but uplifting. We all could relate to this couples traumatic loss in some way or another. This Dr./ mother was so strong in her talk about the painful misfortunate loss till I almost cried for her. She is happy and thankful to have three healthy children. 

I left the meeting to go to the Museum of The Plains to check on another scheduled dinner there. A membership dinner is coming up on April the 11th. I am about to be called a “gadabout” anymore. I switched from a, stay at home bore, to a on-the-go oar. Rowing along with more speed every day. As long as I don’t hit a wind storm I am safe. After the party is over it’s time to go to work. In a few minutes I will hit the yard with full force and make a showing there. I can’t put on the glitter if I’m going to be a quitter. I want to make my yard smile at me every day. It needs a lot of encouragement. I can’t finish my painting that is near completion till I finish the yard work. The yard can’t wait, the painting can.

My tip of the day goes to #34. HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS MY CHILD. My physic tells me you need to brace it up and claim the prize that is waiting for your validation You know what it is, but you just don’t have the guts to call it out. It’s now or never. Go boy, go. I am not a physic reader or any of the like, but sometimes something does direct us to throw the ball into the right  hands who can make a goal. I’m on your side. Hit it hard. The time has come and gone for some who didn’t take life seriously. You, my child are still able to change that nature and get tough. Don’t miss this pass.

I threw this in for good measure. It’s my way of saying  that most of us could do better if we tried. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that. “The move is on.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment