Monday, March 13, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Church Dinner"

                            St. Patrick's Day lunch at church. 3-13-2017 Perryton, Texas.


I am so happy to report the wonderful feeling I had yesterday at First Christian Church, Perryton, Texas. It was St. Patrick’s day lunch after church, and the food and fellowship was great. Due to a number of reasons I had not been to church in quite awhile. Mainly because of the loss of my husband who was always beside me at church. The Church family didn’t give up on me, and was so gracious to include me in every special event the church had. This past week it seemed as though a dark cloud just lifted up from my brain, and I was feeling my old self again. I know I will still have to battle with the “serpent-type evil,” that fills the air, and never stays still for long. By God’s grace I will be an over comer of that situation.

I suppose the best thing I got from attending church was the Pastor’s sermon. He is young, but preaches the Gospel truth when it comes to, “telling it like it is.” Christ called every member of His church body to use their talents for His sake. So many of us don’t want to take this serious. We reach a place where we think we can retire from all duties, and let others do the jobs. The Pastor preached hard about that theory, and I for one felt the impact. I have excused myself from many things I was asked to do, but I thought I had a good reason. The best reason was to find an excuse not to go to church. I’ve heard this same messaged preached several times before from this pastor, but I suppose he is still needing to preach it. From the eyes view it seems like everyone is doing a great job in performing the church duties, but without these kinds of sermons it might not happen.

As little as I am in body, mind, and soul, I still have a job to do for my Lord. I would to God that I unequivocally say, “yes I will,” to all request I am presented with. It will make a difference in my life, and maybe some one else’s. We walk by faith and not by sight. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord. I will repay. So many scriptures are written for those of us who feel like we’ve been wrongly judged, or just overlooked when we felt we were in God’s will. More of us need to practice this teaching, and go our own merry way while leaving the punishment phase to God. We don’t have to answer for others mistakes. Let us check, and double check, our own work. I believe I am speaking to members of all churches. No one is without sin, even though some think they are. I read on face book recently this little quote. “The world revolves around the sun, disappointing some who thought the world revolved around them.” Time to rethink our thoughts.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment