Monday, March 20, 2017

"Summertime Weather In March"

                          A close neighbor's colorful, little tree. 3-20-2017 Perryton TX.


Not a warm day, but a hot day. Turn the air conditioner on please! I’m glad I got a lot of yard work done this morning while it was still cool. We really need rain, but it looks like that is not going to happen for awhile yet. I took this picture of my neighbor’s pretty red tree. I don’t know what it’s called, but it is so pretty. I don’t think any limbs broke off it during the bad ice storm. It looks so uniform sitting in the yard. My front yard work is done, and now I’m waiting for the grass to grow tall enough to seed out. I put down weed-kill, so hopefully I will have a weed-free yard. Now for the back yard which is much bigger, and a lot more work is required of it. After I get home from the Happy Timers luncheon tomorrow I will start working on the back yard if it’s not too hot. I have to spray some more trees back there. My next scheduled away-from-home trip is coming up on April 20th. I have my annual doctor’s appointment on that day in Oklahoma City, and one of my sisters who lives there reserved rooms for three nights for I, and my three sisters to be together. This will be an exciting time for us since we haven’t all been together for some time. We will be observing Memorial Day about a month early just so we can all be together. Again I say I am thankful for this blessed event I am privileged to be part of. I, and all three of my sisters are widowed within the past five years. We have been there for each other during all the hard times. We all live in different states, but God has blessed us and let us be there for each other when death struck some member of our family. I am so thankful to my lord.
Memorial services were held today for my sweet sister-in-law, Lou O’Brien, my husband’s baby sister. She was the last living sibling of my husband. She has three wonderful sons who will be mourning her loss for a long time. She lived in Oklahoma City, and just a short service was scheduled, so I didn’t try to go. I sent my love and prayers to her children, and I know they understand that their aunt is older than their mother, and it is very hard for me to travel except when necessary. Even though I didn’t get to see Lou very often I thought about her nearly every day. I have lot’s of wonderful memories of her. I would like to say to her now, “Lou if you see my husband, and your brother, tell him I still love him and look forward to seeing him again.” I’m not sure what heaven will be like, but I want to imagine it is like what I understand the bible is telling me when I read “ye shall know as ye are known.” By faith I am living this promise, and I know it will even be more wonderful than I can imagine.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment