Tuesday, October 1, 2019

"Showers Of Blessings For Me"

Not too noticeable, but the rain is pouring down on my driveway. 10-1-2019 Perryton, TX

No sunshine today. I've posted a picture of the rain that has been pouring down off, and on all day. We have already gotten 1 ½ inches so far at 4 o'clock pm. But although I haven't seen the sun today I can feel it in my soul. I have had one of the most blessed days that I have had in a long time. Nothing especially it's just that I am so energetic, and have been thinking positive all day. I'm afraid to boast for fear this good feeling may not last long. But for now it seems like it will last forever. A little over a week ago I had something very hurting happen to me. I almost couldn't handle it, but yesterday, and day before when I posted these gorgeous sun shines, I began to feel better. Then today I was reminded of the words on a little plate that my daughter gave me several years ago. They seemed to have spoken to me audible “When God closes one door He opens another.” I did not know that God had closed that door, but there is no doubt now that He did. Already another door has been opened, and I am praising my Lord every second. God knew what was best for me, and He knew how to make it happen, even though I hurt so badly for over a week. I can now accept anything bad that I tried so hard not to let happen, but I had to let go, and let God take care of things His way. What an unbelievable miracle. I feel so free, and have such sweet peace. If this is what comes when my sunshine has been taken away, I say give me more of rainy days.


What most of us don't know God has a way of blocking the brain from thinking about bad things. We cannot possible do that on our own. But we do know how to ask for peace, and that is how God gives it to us. “Not by might, not by power, but by Spirit sayeth the Lord.” We have people who claim to be educated to the extent that they can teach one how to control their mind. I'm sorry, but I will never believe, nor want to believe that theory. Only God can teach us how to control our minds. That is why He asks us so many times to trust Him. If we don't trust Him, then He cannot help us. I will never try and open that door again, but if God decides to open it for me, then I will know He was working behind that closed door all the time. If that doesn't happen then I will know it was not meant to be. I will still trust God for new doors to be opened in my life. I thank my Lord for His great Love, and understanding, but most of all for His almighty power.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment