Wednesday, October 30, 2019

"I Was There But You Weren't"

My photographer didn't know how to use my camera.  Nothing showed up except my fat. 10-30-2019 Perryton, TX
 


Well, well, what a fun day we had. I got so many compliments I'm just bursting with pride. This picture I'm posting Isn't the one I wanted, but it is the only one that got on my camera. The weather was very cold, but several people still turned out. There would have been many more if it had of been nice. We had beriox, and everyone shows up when we have that. However, so many of our seniors won't take the risk of getting sick if they get out in bad weather. But over all it was a good day for fun, food, and fellowship. The Perryton web site will be putting more pictures on in a few days. Their address is www.perrytonseniors,org. The bake sale also was well funded. I am so happy for this great day of Halloween fun. We have some awesome people in our circle of friends.


I can't say I enjoy this cold, snowy weather since I too stay inside a lot, but I will not let it get me down. I will just be counting the days until spring. I must say here where I live is fairly mild compared to a lot of places. We seldom ever lose our electrical power, and our gas bills are moderately low. Almost never are we stranded inside our homes. We don't get a lot of snow, and the snow plows are out immediately when it snows much. Everyone just thinks it's nicer to stay inside. At least the seniors do. In two days I will be going to a big event called, “A Day For You.” It's an all day fellowship with sweet rolls and coffee for breakfast, and a very special lunch. A well known speaker will be inspiring us to do our best to serve God, and be a blessing to others. A balance of sincerity, and humor, makes these meetings a great event to remember. It's very possible it will be bad weather again, and since many of the ladies travel several miles to get here, we may have a bigger disappointment than we had today. Usually around three to four hundred women attend these meetings. It has always been a success, and they are always held about the same time of the year, but this year winter started early. The only thing that would keep me from not going is if they cancel it. I don't expect the weather to be that bad.


I will now post this blog, and start painting on my portrait. I neglect it too much because of other things I try to keep up with. At least it's not taking me four years like it did Michelangelo to paint “The Last Judgment.” He did have three hundred characters in his painting, compared to four in mine. Also his were far away figures that didn't have to show the color of their eyes, mine are not. More detail, and less illustrating. More personal and less famous.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment