Saturday, July 20, 2019

"Poor Bird His Girl Friend Just Left Him"

This is the bird that posed for me today. He had a mate, but she didn't want her picture made and flew away. 7-20-2019 Perryton, TX
What a sweet picture this would have made, but the girlfriend sensed her picture was being made and flew away. Too fast for the camera. But it did make me change my mind about going to the widower's meeting this evening, and sitting as close to a guy as I can. That probably won't happen because sometimes we just have one man present. Ten or fifteen women already have him surrounded when I get there. Just maybe there will be another or two this evening. At least our meeting will be at the Lake Lobo restaurant where several people gather to eat the good food served there. I will be looking for that bird whose girlfriend flew away. The lake is a beautiful place to go especially now since it is overflowing with water. Lots of people are taking advantage of it now since the weather has turned scorching hot. With all the trees forming a frame for the lake it's pretty nice and cool there. Fishing is paying off also. Several nice fish have been caught, and even a fishing tournament has recently been held. People can kick off their heels, and wade the banks of the water. There is even a swimming area for those who really want to get wet. The lake is like 20 miles from town, so it's very convenient. I'm trying to be positive, because I have had my share of being negative lately. That's something that goes, and comes with me.


I've put my time in today with my painting. I think I did it injustice instead of improving it. At this rate It will be some time yet before I finish the portrait. I think that is why I love paintings so mush. I know how much time, and pain, the artist puts into their work, and it has to be priceless to the owner. I started doing art at six years old, and it has been a passion for me every since. I still have a pencil drawing I did of a church when I was six. I know how old I was because even then I dated, and signed my art. My dad kept this drawing under lock and key until he passed away. It was then that I got the drawing back. I don;t know what it was about this simple pencil drawing that impressed my dad, but since it did, I have honored his feeling for it, and put it in my archives. I hope to keep painting until I die, knowing that after then probably all my work will be trashed. Can anyone on earth explain that about an artist? All I can say is every human being has an individual way of expressing themselves by what they chose to wear, the way they furnish their homes, the vehicles they drive, the food they eat, the way they let their bodies be hairy or hairless, the way they speak, the people they chose to be around, and many more personal choices they make. We all are a person of our own creation, and no one can change that, except God. He definitely can make a new creature out of us. If anyone is not happy with their life, let them ask God for a new creature in them.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment