Sunday, July 28, 2019

Almost Missed These Beauties"

                    Morning Glories are cheering me up this morning. 7-28-2019 Perryton, TX
 
Every morning when I wake up from a long night's rest something always meets me with a happy face. This morning the Morning Glories were in full action of showing off. How can I not smile back at them? It's really God showing me in so many ways that He hears, and answers my prayers, but I am failing to recognize them many times. I just must pay more attention to His Almighty power, and understanding. He gave me eyes, and a mind to look around me, and think upon His great creation. They both could be taken from me any time. I'm so thankful for all the blessings He gives me daily. As the old saying goes, “I'm happy, cause I'm happy, cause, I'm happy.” If that spells crazy, then I'm happy for crazy. As the day passes by, yes my body becomes tired, and I slow down, but even then God lets me finish the day with a heart full of thankfulness. I give Him my tears, and He gives me His love. I go to sleep each night singing to myself those old hymns I grew up with. The church can take them out of the worship service, but they cannot take them out of my mind. They are etched into my brain. I remember many words to hundreds of songs, from booster band, till my last child was grown. Booster Band was when children from one year old up to ten years old sang their little songs starting off with, 'Jesus loves Me.” A very few churches today are keeping with that tradition. It's very sad, but true.


I finished my day yesterday with a light dinner with my widowed friends, They are men and women like myself who have lost their long-time mates, and are lonely for fellowship. There are no rules connected to this group of widowed people, but somehow most everyone seems to be in one accord. I think God has a way of putting his best believers together. We have never had a time when anyone felt threatened about their belief in God. Before every meal we all join hands and one leads in a short prayer. Religion is never mentioned thereafter. We leave politics at home, and we just peacefully enjoy our food, and recall a few funny stories. I believe we all can say we are more encouraged when we leave than when we arrived. The group is small, but the welcome mat is always out for newcomers. We leave all the work to the younger waitresses, and that's why we are able to enjoy ourselves so mush. We are the honored guest of a hard working past. None of us are lazy, and we do not adjust to a recliner, but we know the strength of our bodies is limited, so we don't go overboard. The clean, well-kept men, and women we are, are to be praised. Handsome, and beauty never leaves the body of a heart filled with love.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment